Using UCC Filings and Mechanic’s Liens in an Uncertain Economy to Make Your Company a Payment Priority
Businesses prioritize how, when and which vendors are paid and often pay secured creditors ahead of unsecured creditors. But why? In this webinar, we will review how you, as a trade creditor, can use secured transactions to ensure you are a payment priority for your customers, and the legal protections available should your customer default or file for bankruptcy protection.
We will discuss:
• Benefits of being a secured creditor, especially in this uncertain economy
• The necessary elements to a secured transaction
• Overcoming objections to UCC filings and preliminary notices
• What to do in the event of customer default or bankruptcy
This session will:
• Help minimize write-offs | increase working capital
• Increase your credit knowledge and value to your company
• Answer your questions about developing a program that’s right for you!
Register now by completing the form on the left!
About the Presenter
Executive Sales and Education Services Manager, NCS
Jerry Bailey is the Executive Sales and Education Services Manager for NCS and has been with the company since 1995. Prior to coming to NCS, Jerry was a Corporate Credit Manager in the manufacturing industry for 10 years, during which time he gained a very thorough hands on experience with both UCC filings and Mechanic’s Lien filings.
Jerry consults with companies daily and has spoken to groups nationwide about Article 9 of the Uniform Commercial Code, the Revised Article 9 Model Act, the nuances of Construction Credit, and the benefits of selling through secured transactions. His presentations cover not only the legal protections brought about by the mechanic’s lien and UCC filing processes, but also practical solutions of how and when to use these tools.